The leaves on the trees are changing colors, the weather is cooling down and football season has officially
started. Fall is here and it’s time to get out your winter checklist. What most home and business owners forget on their yearly checklist is to make sure to have a great local plumber picked out in case of emergencies (because we all know that the pipes only burst when you’re not prepared for it!).
Over the years, we’ve been interviewed by some pretty thorough homeowners before we would even be allowed to step foot in their homes. And we thought it would be good to pull some of the questions and give them to you. We suggest that you should interview a plumber to get know them and their company before the winter weather hits you (and your pipes!).
Here are a few questions we propose you ask:
- Do you have a license and registered to work in my county? (Ask to see it and check online that they are the real deal- don’t just take yes for an answer.)
- Are you insured? (Again, ask to see proof and check online that they are the
- real deal- don’t just take yes for an answer.)
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you charge hourly or is it a flat rate?
- Do you offer 24-hour emergency service?
- Do you offer a guarantee/warranty for your work?
- Can you do warranty work for the equipment in my home or business?
- Do you clean up after yourselves?